Download PDF with beet recipes 1-7 below (also in Beet Starter Kit)
- Basic Tips for Cooking and Peeling Beet Roots
- Marian’s Grated Root Vegetable Salad with Vinaigrette
- Kim’s Vietnamese Beet Salad
- My Mom’s Slovenian-Style Beet Salad
- Roasted Beets with Feta Cheese
- Sauteed Beet Greens with Garlic and Olive Oil
- Whole Beet Risotto
- Francois’ Salad of Roasted Beets and Boiled Eggs with Mustard Vinaigrette (“A Marriage Made in Heaven”)
- Easy Lithuanian-Style Beet and Potato Salad with Smoked Herring
- Roasted Baby Beet Salad
- Borscht (Russian Beet Soup)
- Karelian Borscht (Borschkeitto) from The Finnish Cookbook by Beatrice Ojakangas
- Beet-Herring Salad (Rosolli or Punajuurisalaatti) from The Finnish Cookbook by Beatrice Ojakangas
- Borscht served at the 2012 Duluth Community Garden Program Spring Fling
A few quick serving ideas
Simply grate raw beets for a delicious and colorful addition to salads or a decorative garnish for soups.
Steam beet greens for one minute for a great tasting side dish similar to Swiss chard.
Toss steamed beets with lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh herbs for a quick salad.
Want more beet recipes?
Make One Vegetable One Community your Facebook friend, then read others’ recipes and post your own on the wall.