So you want to grow fruit — apples, blueberries, etc. — in your backyard? Here are some helpful links.
- Minnesota Fruit and Vegetable Growers Manual for the Beginner
- Planting a potted fruit tree (video)
- Planting a bareroot fruit tree (video)
- Prairie Tech Propagation — a specialty propagator of Prairie-hardy fruit and ornamental plants.
- Barefoot Tree Planting Tips
Apple Tree Information:
- Apple Varieties — from Sponsel“s Minnesota Harvest
- Planting/Pruning Directions — download the pdf file
- How to Prune an Apple Tree — includes sketches and comments
- Source to purchase Apple Maggot Barriers — from GrowOrganic.com
- Integrated Pest Management — from the University of Minnesota
- Growing Blueberries in the Home Garden — Ohio State University Extension Fact Sheet
- Growing Hybrid Hazelnuts — Badgersett Research Corp.